The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, December 9, 2013

Snowflake Thank You Note Gift Set

Good Monday morning to you! We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning--our first tracking snow! Only about an inch or so, really, but everything is white and pretty. The snow is to turn to sleet and rain later in the day, so I know this won't last, but still--it makes me happy to see it!

I'm going to celebrate by sharing a little snow-themed gift this morning! I made this snowflake thank you note gift set for the Purple Onion Designs Holiday Design Team. It's a set of six one-layer thank you notes with three each of two different designs. I used both gorgeous snowflakes heat-embossed in white, from the Vintage Snowflakes Set, both embellishments from the Vintage Journaling Set, and a beautifully scripted Thank You sentiment, all from Purple Onion Designs.


I slipped the set of notes along with six envelopes into a clear note card box and set about prettying up my packaging. I used the smallest label from the Plain Jane Labels set to make a gift tag just the perfect size for the "let it snow" sentiment from the Handwritten Holiday set. I decorated my tag with a little blue rub-on snowflake embellished with a tiny pearl. Finally I stamped the Merry Christmas tape from the Holiday Border Tape Set on a cardstock band to wrap around the base of the box.


And there you have it:  a snowy little card set all ready for holiday giving!!

I hope you have a fabulous day in your neck of the woods today! Thanks for stopping by,
Emily

12 comments:

Marisa said...

You know I love snowflakes so these make me smile :) Great touch with the punched edges down the side. A great gift set indeed :)

Brenda in IN said...

This is a wonderful little gift for anyone. We all need thank you cards. Be safe if you get ice. Stay in and craft!

Benzi said...

Ooh, I LIKE this idea. And, the note cards are so pretty and very handy to have. What a great way to package them. You did BIG, my friend.

Enjoy that bit of snow while it lasts. Makes it seem very Christmas-y.


Lisa Elton said...

What pretty snowflakes, this is a lovely lovey set Emily!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

We were supposed to get an inch but surprised us all with six! Love these embossed flakes, Emily. What a pretty way to say thanks!

Unknown said...

How fun to get some snow. Enjoy it my friend.

Your cards set looks so pretty. Snowflake theme is perfect.

Hugs~

Pam said...

Very sweet gift Emily! Hope you don't get too much ice over there!! We were fortunate to have missed this storm our way. I really don't like the ice!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card set is so pretty Emily! I love the single embossed snowflake. It's so lacy and looks so frosty on the blues.
We are getting a skiff of snow here as well tonight. It makes the day seem so much brighter and less dreary when there is at least a little snow on the ground. :)

Carol Hurlock said...

These are so cute Emily. I especially like the little hanging tag.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Greta said...

Oh this is a wonderful gift, Emily! Love your design!

Jessi Fogan said...

We were supposed to get the same messy weather, but luckily escaped with just a smidge of actual snow. Whew!
Gorgeous card set - love the blues!

Unknown said...

Love the gift set! :D