The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Poinsettia for Christmas

Hello and welcome to my little slice of bliss! Today I am posting for the DeNami Design Team's last Pinspired feature for the year. This month we were inspired by this beautiful seasonal photo:


Sigh, that just makes me happy to look at!! I was completely captivated by those bright and beautiful colors for Christmas and that lovely layered red and pink poinsettia. So here's what I came up with:


What do you think?

I think this may be one of my favoritest holiday cards yet!! I used some gorgeously textured fuchsia cardstock (formerly available thru DeNami, but sadly no more--sniff, sniff!) as the base for this card, and I just LOVE how it sets off the other colors in the design. (I hope it looks fuchsia to you and not red on your device. Fingers crossed!)

I used a bunch of DeNami products to put this together:


Want to see what the other designers did with this inspiration photo? Be sure to check out the DeNami blog today!

Thanks so much for visiting today! May you have a day filled with bliss!
Emily

9 comments:

Pam said...

I love these pretty colors for Christmas!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Your doily is the perfect back drop for your beautiful poinsettia. I think I am going to have to add that frame to my shopping card as well. Have a GREAT Wednesday!

Brenda in IN said...

Sweet card and I like the font the Merry Christmas is done in. That and the doily are perfect with that color cardstock!

Benzi said...

Those really are awesome colors, Emily. And, I love that flower with the button center. Another very creative card. Love it!

Bonnie said...

Hi Emily, Sorry it's been so long since I've been to visit. I have enjoyed catching up on your beautiful creations, especially this poinsettia! I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas and the best New Year!

Lisa Elton said...

You and i took a page form the same book today!! A pretty paper doily, the Elegant Word Plate, Merry Christams sentiment...and I love what you did with yours!!

Greta said...

Beautiful use of all those DeNami products, Emily--love this card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a beautiful poinsettia! I am picturing it with a fuchsia backdrop now that I've read your post...it *did* come across red to me. :( Those colors are so difficult to photograph, aren't they?

Auntie Em said...

Gorgeous card! I love fushia pink for Christmas. It's so girly and fun.
Isn't it awful when something is no longer available after we fall in love with it and have so many plans for places where we could use it again. Nothing else ever seems to work quite as well.