The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, March 31, 2011

StampinB Stamped Background Challenge

Happy Last Day of March!! Is March going out like a lamb where you live? We are expecting an April Fool's Day Nor'easter which could bring 6 to 12 inches of snow to our region. Not exactly lamb-like and certainly not how I was planning to welcome April!

Anywho, it's Thursday and time for a new challenge from the Stampin' B's DT. This week Vicky Gould is our hostess and she is challenging everyone to make her own background using only stamps--no designer paper allowed. I've only been able to make one Easter card so far this year, and having no Easter-themed DP, this challenge to make my own was the perfect opportunity to grow my Easter card stash.
I stamped my backgrounds using a pretty Easter egg stamp I found in a dollar bin at Michael's last year. I recently found a package of Recollections gold cross stickers on clearance (also at Michael's) and was thrilled to use my first one on this card. I made the large ribbon rose from scratch but the two smaller ribbon flowers come from Offray.

Challenges:
And there you have it!! I hope you've been inspired to play along with the Stampin' B's!! If you do make a card, post it on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss for today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Easter egg image from Michael's dollar bin
Paper: SU pink pirouette CS, SU certainly celery CS, storm white CS, PTI kraft CS

Ink: Palette burnt umber, Palette toile pink, SU certainly celery, Ranger tea dye distress ink
Accessories: EK 2.25" circle punch, SU 2.5" circle punch, CM circle cutting system, CM corner rounder punch, EK rock fern punch, Stamp-A-Majig, sponge dauber, sewing machine, dotted grosgrain ribbon, narrow satin ribbon, pearls, Offray ribbon flowers, Recollections cross sticker
Techniques: machine stitching, ink distressing

21 comments:

Benzi said...

Emily, what a wonderful background you made with the Easter eggs. And, your flower is so very pretty.
Just a wonderful Easter card.

Jessi Fogan said...

OK Emily, I am not going to whine about the flurries we're expecting today & tomorrow. With any luck we won't have to shovel it. Boo, hiss on the continued winter weather!
I love the large ribbon flower - and the egg background is gorgeous - I love the tone-on-tone look you achieved :)

Pam said...

We got snow here in Ohio yesterday. Only a few inches, but enough to turn everything white again! Lovely card, your ribbon rose is perfect!!
Pam

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. Your flower is beautiful. So sorry to here about the snow. I just know spring will arrive for you soon..

Hugs, Linda

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love the egg background....may have to case that idea soon.....and your big bloom is gorgeous....I really must take time to play around with some ribbon and make some of these fab flowers I see you making

Marisa said...

Great multi-challnge card, Emily. Love the rolled ribbon flower!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, emily! I love your flowers on this one, just beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful flowers!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Emily! Love the beautiful satin flowers!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful flower you made! Love how this item from Fresh Metal inspired you! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Carol Hurlock said...

Emily you have done it again....that is amazed me with your flowers. Is this one ever pretty. I love this Easter card...it says it all. Beautiful crafted. Love your style girlfriend!

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is beautiful, Emily. A stunning Easter card! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Emily, I can't believe that pretty egg stamp was only a dollar! It made a *beautiful* background, and I like your layout and that pretty white flower and the shiny gold cross. Very gorgeous, indeed!

Emily Leiphart said...

Emily, this is stunning! I love the egg background and your embellishments make this truly beautiful.

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Emily.. I love the flower. It looks just like your Etsy inspiration.. Great job. Hope no snow came your way..

~amy~ said...

great mix of challenges...love your take on the CP sketch...that ribbon bloom is magnificent! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

suzARTe said...

this is a really lovely card Emily. Its nice to see a religious Easter card showing the real meaning of Easter

Sue Lelli said...

Emily, this is such a BEAUTIFUL Easter card! LOVE the egg background and your flowers are FAB! LOVE the cross and that sentiment! Great card!

Anita said...

Beautiful card Emily. I love the handmade ribbon rose.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Emily, I love the eggs stamped in the background it really is a lovely card! Great sketch too!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your rolled ribbon flower is gorgeous, Emily. :)