The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, February 25, 2011

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge

I'm thrilled to be taking part in my very first Papertrey Ink customer blog hop today! This month's theme is "Scallops." So fun! Here's my take on the challenge (which you can read all about here).
I made my scalloped frame by punching 1/2" circles and individually adhering them to the back of my main panel. I also used a scalloped border punch along the bottom of my long panel. My birthday wishes sentiment (from the Papertrey Ink set Everyday Button Bits) is stamped on an adorable blank ticket that I won in some blog candy from Paper Crafts Go-To Gal Teri Anderson. How cute is that?? And that yummy layered flower? It's a Frosty Pink Lollipop by Prima. I thought it might make a fantastic focal point.

I'm also playing along with Papertrey's Make It Monday Challenge #3: Glitter Strips with Scor-Tape. Such a cool idea! I laid down two strips of 1/4" Scor-Tape side-by-side and piled on some Pink Paislee Chocolate Pixie Stix glitter. Love how this turned out!

I incorporated these additional challenges into the making of this card.
  • Mojo Monday: Sketch #179 (My first Mojo sketch. I've always been too intimidated to try, but finally screwed up my courage and dove right in!)
  • Simon Says Stamp: Coffee and Cream, to add the colors brown and cream to your creation.
  • The Shabby Tea Room: Buttons and Bows
  • A Spoon Full of Sugar: Birthday Wishes
  • Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Birthday Card
  • Delightful Challenges: Use scraps (except for my background DP, all other paper portions were created from scraps!)
  • Stamptacular Sunday: #99, S.O.S., to make a card for SomeOne Special. This birthday card will go to one of the special gals in my book group who will be celebrating her birthday next week!
  • Tuesday Throwdown: 3D, pull out your 3-D tape/supplies and pop it up. (I used foam tape to pop up my main panel.)
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog today! I appreciate your visit. :)

Have a super weekend!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Everyday Button Bits
Paper: BasicGrey Kraft DP, SU chocolate chip CS, We R Memory Keepers Tiffany's DP, various unknown scraps,
book page ripped from a vintage history book
Ink: Marvy LePlume II black marker, Ranger tea dye distress ink
Accessories: SU 1/2" circle punch, SU scallop border punch, foam tape, Scor-Tape, Pink Paislee
Chocolate Pixie Stix glitter, sponge dauber, buttons from my stash, brown burlap string, Prima Frosty Pink Lollipops flower, ticket, sewing machine, salvaged ribbon from whoopie pie packaging
Techniques: machine stitching, ink distressing

29 comments:

Pam said...

Very pretty Emily! Love the stitching, glitter, and flower!!
Pam

farmhouse-story said...

adorable, emily-love big flower:)

Auntie Em said...

I love your take on this sketch! Your rose is soooo pretty. I was planning on coming over to let you know about the stylish blog award but just as I got the post ready, the phone rang and it was one I couldn't not take and by then I knew if I tried checking in, I probably wouldn't make sense! :) And my little girls just left a few minutes ago since their mommy had an emergency this morning as well! Ahhhh....I am glad I had a chance to come see what you have been up to!
Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great weekend...we're in for another storm here. :(

Stacy Morgan said...

Lovely flower Emily, very creative.

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, Ms. Emily...I am loving all the stitching....and the shabby chic look to this beauty

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flower, Emily and a great use of the mojo sketch!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the text behind the stunning flower.

Kay D said...

I love the colors, the stitching, and that big fabby flower!

Unknown said...

Emily, this is so cute!! I love the fabulous flower and stitching detail! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Laurie said...

Emily this is gorgeous! I love that text background!

Megan Aaron said...

gorgeous card! love how you used that big flower for the focal point! thanks for your comment on my blog too.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

So pretty...love the big flower!!

Inkyfingers said...

Very pretty and I love your flower.

kari bell said...

cute card! way to work in 3 challenges, it all pulls together quite nicely. i like the chocolate sparkles.

Christina said...

Your flower is SO fabulous, Emily! Love the stitching and pink scallops, too!

Heather said...

Fantastic card Emily, the perfect layout for that stunning flower and your stitching and detailing is just gorgeous.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Emily! Love the gorgeous flower and scalloped square!

Victoria S. said...

Love your card- beautiful colors, beautiful design!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Suzanne said...

Amazing card - I love all of the little details, but I especially love that flower!

Cec said...

Wonderful card. I love that big flower. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Betty Wright said...

Emily, this is wonderful! Beautiful colors and the design and detailing are fabulous! Lovely card1 Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Flourishes FTTC and Stamptacular Sunday Challeges!

Kelly S. said...

Emily, this is so lovely! Love how you made your flower, and the colors are so beautiful! The added sparkle is the perfect touch! Way to rock that sketch, too!

Benzi said...

You're so right, Em...great minds do think alike. LOL But, what is a coinky dink? Ha Your big flower looks awesome on this delightful card.

Clare said...

Fab flower! Gorgeous!! thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room! : )

Dawn B. said...

Love this fabo flower.. What pretty colors you chose. Your stitching is perfectly done.. Great job.

Kristii said...

Very pretty!!! I love the colors and the layering and stitching are perfect!

Laurie HIMCR said...

WOW!! How ever do you keep all those challenges organized!! Great card! TFS!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous! LOVE that flower! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday! (Sorry I'm late!)