The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fabulous Lanterns

Happy Saturday! I had a lot of fun with my kids this week, who were off for February Vacation Week. We had some fun adventures (including a morning at the arcade on Thursday and a trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop yesterday to redeem their coupons for a free bear accessory) and had a fabulous time perfecting our recipe for fruit and yogurt smoothies. Delicious!

I was having some serious mojo issues last weekend and at the beginning of the week, but by the end of the week I was getting ideas for creations left and right! Now my problem is finding time to make cards for all of the ideas I have. Yikes! Not enough time! Regardless, I was excited to check out yesterday's Free for All challenge on SCS. The theme was Aloha Friday, to make anything tropical, Polynesian, Asian … in a tribute to all of our island friends.

This had me stumped at first, but not for long. I remembered that not long ago I bought some great Jillibean Soup DP with images of paper lanterns. Lightbulb! I cut out three lanterns from the pattern and strung them on some razzleberry-esque baker's twine. A "May your day be Fabulous!" sentiment was a perfect match for these fabulous lanterns. And then I remembered that I have a few little Asian coins from an old collection of scrapbook embellishments. Voila!! Done. :)
I took my colors from this week's ColourQ Challenge #73: pear pizzazz, brocade blue, brilliant blue, razzleberry, and white. Aren't they pretty?
Well, thanks for tuning in for this little slice of bliss. I'll see around again soon!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Paper: snow storm CS, Jillibean Soup DP (Summer Squash Soup Collection)
Ink: Palette bourdeaux
Accessories: Baker's twine, scissors, dimensionals, SU decorative label punch, Asian coins from Treasured Memories Vintage Accent Kit by Nicole

14 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card!!!!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Emily! Love those lanterns! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us.

Marisa said...

Perfect for Chinese New Year :) Love how you used the CQ colours. Great card. Sounds like you had a fun week with the kids too and now it's time for some mommy time :)

Monique said...

How cute I love the sentiment!! Great take on these colors :)

Bonnie said...

A great CAS card Emily! I just saw your St. Patrick's Day card on the home page at Splitcoast under Featured Galleries. You go girl!

Pam said...

Cute little lanterns! Great design with the card!
Pam

Unknown said...

Your card is so cute. Those little lanterns are adorable.. Great idea..

Hugs, Linda

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Emily! I love those lanterns. I got a stamp from Michael's ($ bin) that looks so much like it. Great colors and a very cheery card.

Dawn B. said...

This reminds me of a summer party.. This looks terrific Emily.. I love these colors together.. You did a great job here.. Sounds like your February break was fantastic..:)

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely fantastic! I love the simplicity of it - it totally pops!

Mary Marsh said...

love this lantern card emily-creative idea to cut them out from dsp-i love it when idea pop like that-sounds liek you had a fun week with your kids-my grandsons gave me a build-a-bear as one of my christmas gifts-

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a wonderful CAS card, Emily. I love the green and blue. :)

Anita said...

Very pretty. I love the colors and the whimsy of the lanterns.

LeAnne said...

What a fun card! I love your stuff!