The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Monochromatic Valentine

OK, this is the last entry I'll be making in the Moxie Fab World Color Inspiration for Card Makers challenges. I've been able to play with four out of the six (I don't have the colors for the other two challenges. Boo hoo.). This card is for the Monochromatics Challenge.
I interpreted these colors as regal rose, pretty in pink, and pink pirouette.

How do you like my pinwheel? *I* love it. After seeing these for months, I finally decided to try my own. (I discovered that they are really quite simple to make. I followed this tutorial that appeared on the {ippity} blog last summer.) The pinwheel is held together in the center with a sparkly white heart brad that I found on clearance at the Target Dollar Spot on February 15 last year.

I was going for a whimsical feel for this Valentine card, and I do believe that with the pinwheel, embossed "Be Mine" tab,
and loops border, that's what I got. :)

Other challenges that went into making this card:
  • Cute Card Thursday: Monochromatics
  • Papertake Weekly: Ribbons and/or Pearls
  • Tuesday Throwdown: Valentines
  • Simon Says Stamp: Bingo! Include any three items that are in a straight line on the challenge Bingo card: I chose the first column: brads (the sparkly heart brad in the center), buttons (layered under the pearls at the corners), and punches
Thanks for dropping by to check out my card!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: SU Party Punch
Paper: SU regal rose CS, SU pretty in pink CS, SU pink pirou
ette, SU regal rose DSP
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: MS loops corner and edge punches, EK chain of hearts punch, SU round tab punch, foam tape, white heart brad, white embossing powder, heat tool, pink buttons from my stash, pearls
Techniques: embossing

14 comments:

Lizzie Laine said...

I totally love this!! I have been wanting to make one of these. But I don't think it would have looked this good:)

Pam said...

This is a gorgeous card! Great job on the pinwheel! Going to check out that tutorial!
Pam

Marisa said...

This is darling, Emily!!! LOVE the pinwheel and the monochromatic card. Great PATP too! You done good :)

Benzi said...

Ooh, la, la...Emily, I love this and your chain of hearts is so cool. But, the pinwheel takes the show..er ribbon. LOL This should go to a very special person.

Lizzie Laine said...

I have something for you on my blog, so when you get a chance, please stop by to get it!

ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I LOVE this card, Emily! The pin wheel is fabulous and I SOOOOOOO want that border punch after seeing you use it! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

BINGO!!!! Beautiful and so pretty in pink

Glenda J said...

Absolutely fabulous! The pinwheel is perfect and I love the tab sentiment!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful use of the colors! Love that pinwheel!

Anita said...

This is so pretty. I love the pink and the hearts. That pinwheel looks fabulous.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh my goodness, this is the CUTEST! Love that pinwheel, the brad in the center, all those yummy punches. Wow!

Christine said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I love the pinwheel and the patterned paper you used. Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. I hope to see your lovely creations again soon.
xoxo, Christine

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for entering the Monochromatics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)