The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful Turkey

It was a busy Saturday! I did a lot of baking today: pumpkin bread for church coffee hour tomorrow, homemade bread to have with our lunch today, and cornbread to go with our chili for supper tonight. The house smelled delicious--all day long!! I've also been busy getting blog hop projects ready for the Mark's Finest Papers November stamp release. (The blog hops for 6 new MFP sets start on Tuesday and run through Friday.) But I also was able to squeeze in a few more holiday cards, including this Thanksgiving card.
This was such fun to make! The turkey image is a digi I picked up with a gift certificate that I won last month from Karen's Doodles. I think this little guy is just adorable! And he was a blast to color with colored pencils. I also had fun using some of my new Stampin' Up corduroy buttons (purchased from the clearance rack. Don't you just love a bargain??). Here are the challenges I used to create this card:
Thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Karen's Doodles Turkey Sitting digi image, Mark's Finest Papers Thankful for You (sentiment)
Paper: SU pumpkin pie, DCWV Indian Summer Stack DP
Ink:
SU pumpkin pie
Accessories: MS loops corner & edge punches, SU large oval punch, SU scallop oval punch, CM corner rounder punch, colored pencils, dimensionals, sewing machine, brad, SU corduroy buttons
Techniques: machine stitching

18 comments:

Marisa said...

That turkey is too cute :) You have coloured him fabulously and I love the swirled frame. Darling card and way to go with those off angle panels - they are my nemesis LOL!

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Emily ! Your card is so sweet ! Love this little turkey ! Great colours too ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Emily
A fabulous card,fab image,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Crafty Math Chick said...

YUM! I bet your house smelled delicious! How do you have time to cook, craft AND raise a family? You are wonder woman! Such an adorable turkey card, love your coloring and signature MS PATP.
~Meredith

Ros said...

Oh this is cute ... I love those button too ... thanks for being a regular here at CCCB

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet turkey...beautifully colored....with fab dp in the bkgd...rich, warm and fab

Donna said...

Emily, congrats on your win last week at Delightful Sketches! Love this turkey card. And the stitching is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. This is just so cute.. What an adorable image. I love the layout of this one.
Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Justine said...

Emily this is a darling image, and you really brought him to life with your perfect coloring. So glad you joined us at the ABC Toys & Crafts Sew Special challenge so I could come pay your blog a visit. Very inspiring

Anita said...

This is so cute and you've colored that turkey perfectly! And you are making my mouth water talking about all those homemade breads...yummy!

cnelson said...

Such a darling card! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Kim said...

The turkey is so cute. I love the beautiful punched borders and colors are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Benzi said...

What a cutie of a gobble-gobble! Love the colors you used to create your card and I need some of those pretty, corduroy buttons.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Clearance items are the best, there's no doubt! It makes them seem somehow more special, don't you think? You really nailed the PATP. I look on in envy when I see a really good job by someone who's combined a corner punch and a border punch. I need lessons!

Cute turkey, and I'll bet you had fun coloring him. :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh this turkey is so fun. What great colors and composition on this card. Love your PATP piece behind the turkey.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Jacilynn said...

what a cute turkey! love this card. Thanks so much for joining us at ABC Toys & Crafts.
Jacilynn

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Ohhh, I so agree! Super sweet and adorable image, and you've displayed him beautifully! Love the willy nilly stitching - perfect touch for a very sweet and whimsical project! Thanks so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!